Mob Rules! Well, not really. Cash Mobs are community events and as such it’s encouraged to invite the community. Having the community show up en masse to a local business can be overwhelming to a business owner and their staff. Be kind, be patient and most of all have fun. In order to get the most benefit from a Cash Mob we assembled a few rules (really guidelines).
Cash Mob Rules
- The business owner must approve the Cash Mob before the mob is announced.
- The business must be locally owned and independently operated.
- The business must have products that cost less than $20 for both men and women.
- The business owner must give back to the community in some way.
- The cash mob date, time and meeting location must be announced at least a week in advance.
- Suggest that Mobbers spend at least $20.
- The Cash Mob should occur during the evening on a weekday or on a weekend and coordinated with the business owner.
- Mobbers will be encouraged to post to Social Media tagging the business and using the suggested hashtags: #cashmob #cityname
- Ride-sharing services should be encouraged and parking or public transportation must be available.
At the mob, there are four rules
- Be courtesy to the business owner and staff
- Spend $20
- Meet 3 people you didn’t know before
- Takes lots of pictures